Experience four essential works – performed in their unsurpassable original choreography. At the beginning of the last century, Serge Diaghilev shook conventions and threw open the door to modernity by bringing the artistic elite of the era - choreographers, painters and musicians - under one breathtaking playbill: Debussy, Stravinsky, Falla, Picasso, Bakst, Massine, Nijinsky, Fokine... This tribute reveals an unexpected diversity of inspiration.
- Vello Pähn
- Orchestre de l’Opéra national de Paris
- Émilie Cozette, Marie-Agnès Gillot, Mathias Heymann, Benjamin Pech, Clairemarie Osta
- Carl Maria von Weber, Claude Debussy, Manuel de Falla, Igor Stravinsky
- Michel Fokine, Vaslav Nijinski, Léonide Massine
- Léon Bakst, Pablo Picasso, Alexandre Benois
- approx. 1h46 incl. interval
Paris Opéra Ballet
The Paris Opéra Ballet, rich in historical tradition, stages some 180 performances per season in Paris, the French regions and abroad. Over the years it has played host to many of the world’s greatest choreographers: George Balanchine, Serge Lifar, Rudolf Nureyev, Roland Petit, Maurice Béjart, and of course Pina Bausch.